Hello from the UK

Responder
ChadsArcade
Agradecimiento recibido: 2 veces

Hello from the UK

Mensaje por ChadsArcade » Dom, 18 Mar 2018, 18:53

Hi everyone,

I've been using computers since the ZX81 way back in the day. I've been using emulators a lot over the years but recently decided it's time to get the real hardware again.

I now have a couple of Amiga 1200s, a Commodore CDTV, a ZX81 with ZX-Pand and a ZX Spectrum to which I've recently fitted an IDE interface and CF card.

I also collect arcade machines, and have about 15. I like the Williams games best, and have cabinets for Defender, Stargate, Sinistar, Joust and Robotron.

Unfortunately I only speak English so will be using Google translate, I hope this is OK.

Good to meet you all,

Chad

Sinclair
Miembro fundador
Agradecimiento recibido: 23 veces

Re: Hello from the UK

Mensaje por Sinclair » Lun, 19 Mar 2018, 09:00

Welcome.

Do not worry about the language, here we understand English well, also, the more diversity is better.

Very interesting your collection of machines, would you mind giving me one of your Amiga 1200? :roll:
Imagen

ChadsArcade

Mensaje por ChadsArcade » Lun, 19 Mar 2018, 10:09

I may trade one :) I only need one but got the second one as part of a good deal with an A500. I have added a CF card to it and installed workbench, but the A1200 needs more RAM in order to play games from the CF card which can be quite expensive.

It works well with a Gotek drive though, I have put one in an external disk drive case as I don't like to modify the original Amiga case if possible. Some games need the disk drive to be DF0 though, and it is not to easy to make this modification on an A1200 as it is on an A500.

tacha
Miembro fundador
Agradecimiento recibido: 5 veces

Mensaje por tacha » Lun, 19 Mar 2018, 12:50

Hi Chad, how are u?

welcome to RETRO-LOCOS :)

I'm from Uruguay .. I have an AMIGA 1200 with faulty ram chips. I hope to get some soon hahaha.

It would be great if you upload some pictures of your cabinets and computers to the forum, we like them a lot here.

Enjoy and thank you for contributing!

ChadsArcade

Mensaje por ChadsArcade » Lun, 19 Mar 2018, 18:43

Hi Tacha,

Thank you for the welcome :) I think I have some pictures of my cabinets somewhere, I will upload some.

Today I've been upgrading my CDTV, I have added proper mouse/joystick ports, fitted an 8Mb and IDE module, and burned a KS 3.1 ROM. I now have it booting from a CF card, just need to upgrade the extended ROMs now and add some games :)

I'll post pictures later.

Responder
meble wrocław